Sign in to follow this  
John Gunning

Edit

No loitering.

This is partly a guess, and partly knowledge of a couple of the kanji of the sign. I hope this doesn't disqualify me (Blushing...)

The menu of the chanko booth?

Edited by Jakusotsu

Well, that was a waste of my one guess then (I am not worthy...) Unless the wooden sign says 'No loitering' - which I guess is at least feasible.... (Blushing...)

The red one is too easy indeed - "entering forbidden". The wooden one looks like those signboards explaining history of temples and the like. So my guess is that it's explains the history of the yaguradaiko and the tower etc.

The Sumo anthem, or some other such poem or saying or rules. Whatever it is, it's LONG, AFAIK..

Kyushu banzuke to the first person who guesses correctly (only one guess allowed Fujisan (Laughing...) )

Excuse me John but I only had one guess when I won the last quiz (Nodding yes...)

I was one of the few who did.

My guess.....

"Keep off the grass." ;-) ;-)

Truth is I dont have a clue....

Edited by Fujisan

My guess is that it says what this site was used for in the time before it was used as the Kokugikan.

Is there a time limit to the quiz? Will you open it to Japan residents? I have a photo at home I can dig out and check...

(Chucking salt...)

a great question this. I must have walked past that board a few times, I remember looking at it and have absolutely no idea what it is for or says.

Fortunately I'll be able to check it out next week when there but won't post the answer as that is hardly cricket!

Good luck to you all though

"Beware of earthquakes!"

(Chucking salt...)

"Rijicho is a punkrocker"

(Shaking head...)

you realize that if noone goes to the kokugikan to see up-close there will be no answer to this question ..... ever.

or maybe Otoko can check out this picture he mentioned and put an end to this quiz's misery ....

(Shaking head...) (Chucking salt...)

Well it looks like a really old sign which is completely surrounded by bush,which I may be wrong but it suggests that its not one which has to be changed regular.

Its not a guess of course but it would help anybody who hasn't had a go if you tell me whether I'm right John.

My guess is that it has to do with the establishment of the Kokugikan--dates, purpose of the building and/or the responsible parties.

I would say "climbing/entering not allowed" cause one of the Kanji is in "kin en"- no smoking.

Yes, I do talk about the red one (Chucking salt...)

Edited by ilovesumo

Actually Fujisan feel free to guess away as nobody has even come close yet.

Well even with the new picture I'm still no wiser...

Is it a war memorial?

Does it explain the ancient practice of sumodo to please the spirits, bring good harvest etc. etc. ?