Sign in to follow this  
yamaneko

How many in the USA watching this Basho?

Looks like almost everyone watches it on banzuke...You guys should try to get tv japan sometime though too, at least one basho. To see the bouts large and perfect resolution is priceless.

I'm considering it. I hate my cable company with a firey passion (evil overpriced monopolistic JERKS! ahem sorry...) , so I don't WANT to give them more money. But it would be awesome to see sumo on my television screen. And then I could record it, and watch it again and again and again...

Best of luck to you and the others in your tournament!

Guest Ganryu
My first too. im flying out to compete in middleweight and openweight at the tournament. You should get in the tournament too.

Looks like almost everyone watches it on banzuke...You guys should try to get tv japan sometime though too, at least one basho. To see the bouts large and perfect resolution is priceless.

I've always kinda wanted to have a crack at sumo, but I'm kinda lean at 130 pounds right now... if that number were in kg then I'd definitely be game. Maybe I'll try to beef up for next year...

As for TV Japan, I agree - watching the full sumo broadcast is what it's about. Takes me back to my old apt. in Japan. I don't even sweat the high Dish bill, cos watching sumo 75-85 evenings a year keeps me from going out and blowing money. Totally worthwhile, if you buy my economics.

I ditto that comment about being able to watch TV Japan!! I would pay more if I had to... Worth every penny/dollar!! (Applauding...)