Sign in to follow this  
Guest kikukawa

Where to go for keiko?

Guest kikukawa

Hello all,

This is my first post, yoroshiku onegai shimasu...

I live in the Ryogoku area and would like to go to check out some asageiko this week (August 28th-September 2). I am wondering which stables you recommend for this week. I am particularly interested in seeing Asashoryu, Hakuho, Kotooshu and Baruto. Is there any way to know where they will be doing keiko during this week??? Will they be out for degeiko??

Hope you can help me figure this out, thanks...

Jay

Hello all,

This is my first post, yoroshiku onegai shimasu...

I live in the Ryogoku area and would like to go to check out some asageiko this week (August 28th-September 2). I am wondering which stables you recommend for this week. I am particularly interested in seeing Asashoryu, Hakuho, Kotooshu and Baruto. Is there any way to know where they will be doing keiko during this week??? Will they be out for degeiko??

Hope you can help me figure this out, thanks...

Jay

Welcome to the forum, Jay.

First, you should know that many heya are no longer permitting visitors (particularly non-Japanese) to asageiko. The ones that come to mind right away are Takasago (Asashoryu), Dewanoumi (Futeno), Tokitsukaze (Tokitenku, Shimotori, Tokitsuumi), Kasugano (Tochinohana, Tochinonada, Kasuganishiki) and Kataonami (Tamakasuga, Tamanoshima), among others that don't readily come to mind.

Many do go out for degeiko, but it's anyone's guess who would go where, when.

If I were you, I'd try Michinoku, Azumazeki (although Takamisakari is usually out for degeiko), Mihogaseki or Musashigawa. The latter might be good since there are plenty of sekitori there. But again, there is much degeiko during the couple of weeks leading up to shonichi, so good luck!

gday all, i'll be in tokyo at the start of january and was thinking of taking a look around ryugoku and maybe watch a bit of asageiko. anyone gonna be there at the same time? i was thinking jan 5th.

gday all, i'll be in tokyo at the start of january and was thinking of taking a look around ryugoku and maybe watch a bit of asageiko. anyone gonna be there at the same time? i was thinking jan 5th.

Hi. Please see my message above. It still applies. I would not try Dewanoumi, Takasago, Tokitsukaze, Kasugano, Kataonami. Try Michinoku. It's close to Kokugikan, but remember my comment about degeiko.