Kintaro

Inactive Members
  • Content Count

    33
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About Kintaro

  • Rank
    Jonidan

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Recent Profile Visitors

985 profile views
  1. Kintaro

    Hands down and give me your attention!

    The first couple of days should be especially interesting if they enforce these rules. Usually the first days are rather ho-hum. This will add some spice. Hakke Yoi
  2. Kintaro

    Pre-Hatsu basho 2016 event pics

    Great pictures. Interesting to see. Thank you.
  3. Kintaro

    Preparations of the Y/O - January 2016

    Perhaps Takayasu is trying to get a gig as a spokesman for Yeti Coolers.
  4. Kintaro

    Free NHK World Calendar 2016

    I use the striking images for my desktop wallpaper all year long. NHK just posted the 2016 images, and they are beautiful. Just go to the NHK World website and search for "2016 wallpaper" or use this URL: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/calendar2016/index.html Kintaro!
  5. At 33 years old, Yoshikaze continues to astound, performing exciting sumo at Komusubi. Good for him.
  6. Yoshikaze is the biggest surprise to me. He was positively smoking in the Aki Basho, but at 33 yo, it seemed more like a lucky fluke than a coming of age. I think of 28 or 29 as the peak of performance (just a general thumb rule). Heck, we all knew Yoshi had skills, but such performances two basho in a row is astounding. Stay tuned.
  7. Kintaro

    Natsu 2015 Basho Talk (spoiler alert!)

    My brother Obana and I are enjoying this basho from the comfort of our Kabukicho hotel. We were able to get tickets to earlier days, but none for today. The Endo worship is certainly a reality. Ikioi, Ichinojoi, and Terunofuji are also big fan faves. Today should be an interesting day of sumo. Yamachan's for a late snack after sumo. Cheers!
  8. Kintaro

    Shouldn't they better retire ?

    Takanoyama is ridiculous. Everyone knows he needs more mass. If he's unwilling to do the obvious... adios.
  9. Kintaro

    Kintaro

    Welcome to Nakabi of the 2011 Aki Basho. It
  10. Kintaro

    Kintaro

    Welcome to day six of the 2011 Aki Basho. It
  11. Kintaro

    May basho to be broadcast in full on the internet

    This is great news. I'll be able to watch some of the young lads during my evenings here in Atlanta.
  12. Kintaro

    How would you have handled the yaocho situation?

    I think a salary-restructuring would help. Something that is revenue-neutral, but rewards wins, and punishes losses. Straw Man: Let's say 70% of the Maegashira salary pool is fixed and distributed evenly. The remaining 30% of the salary pool should be split based on wins. If you get kachi-koshi you get more of that 30% pool than a make-koshi guy gets. Additionally, a 10-5 performance gets more of that pie than an 8-7 performance. This approach could inspire an 8-6 fighter on Senshuraku to fight harder for one more win. I think this could work.
  13. Kintaro

    The 2011 May Ability Judgement Event

    Hmmm... a conspiracy to keep Tochiazuma's picture in the rafters for just a little while longer?
  14. Kintaro

    How would you have handled the yaocho situation?

    Kintaro wakes up to pen... Yaocho has so many shades of gray. 1. Gentlemen