3 replies to this topic

#1 Manekineko

Manekineko

diarrhea in the sky

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 20:22

If I understood our Rijicho correctly, he retired the Ozumo spoilers subforum as from this basho (since noone objected). This will lead to practically all Ozumo discussion in one subforum only, ie. Ozumo discussions subforum. I suggest creating one less active but strictly Ozumo related subforum where some recurring topics could be posted, of more general sort...
Examples for topics in this proposed new subforum, because even I don't understand the above sentence: :-(
Some more picture thread :)
Fat rikishi good/bad
Chiyonofuji biceps deformation
Rules/ceremonies/names/phrases explained
etc.

I hope you get the idea. The fact is, I liked having Ozumo spoiler zone subforum separate from discussion forum, since spoiler subforum contained fresh and up-to-date news and discussions, while discussions had more timeless content. Now the up-to-date news are pushing those timeless topics down in the discussions subforum, making them harder to find. And that's why I suggested creating one such subforum, basically to take over the role Ozumo discussions subforum had in Ozumo spoiler's time. Now tell me why it's a bad idea! (Hehe...)
Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton

#2 Kotoseiya Yuichi

Kotoseiya Yuichi

Palaeoconservative

• Archived Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 22:56

If I understood our Rijicho correctly, he retired the Ozumo spoilers subforum as from this basho (since noone objected).

(...)

Now tell me why it's a bad idea!

More or less, yes. With the intention of making further organization work once the forum's second version is established.

It's very hard to object such a proposal. First because I feel it's objectively very worthy of support and secondly because I've been thinking about a division not unlike the one you describe. :-(

The timing is in question now. I would prefer making all big changes to the forum at once if possible. I've ordered and paid the conversion invoice to the producers of the new script and waiting for their contact now. Once the basho is over and some days have passed after it (to allow discussion about sekitori promotion etc.), those guys are hopefully coming to convert this forum onto a technically new level. MySQL database is already working. If only I knew what to do with one...

A division between urgent and more leisured discussions is definitely in works!
Posted Image

#3 Rijicho

Rijicho

Personnel

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 22:57

I should have written the above message as rijicho. (Blush...)

#4 Yoavoshimaru

Yoavoshimaru

Ozeki

• Archived Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 14:13

I think that makes sense.   (Jumping of joy...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users