#1 Kasutera

Kasutera

Sandanme

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 18:19

Hi all,

Just posting about this in case there's anyone here in the Midwestern US who is interested:

The U.S. National Amateur Sumo Championships are going to be taking place this Saturday, June 13, at the Parkville Athletic Complex in Parkville Missouri.

Address: 6014 MO-9, Parkville, MO 64152

The winners at this tournament will get spots to represent the US at the World Sumo Championships this August in Osaka.

There's not a lot of info online about it right now, but this will be the place to see it when more emerges: http://www.americansumo.org/

Yours truly is planning to compete as a birthday present to myself, as I turn 27 the next day. I've been lucky to get some guidance and training from a few people with professional and amateur experience in Japan, so I'm hoping to see what the competition is like at the national level!

嘉素寺

#2 Domichi

Domichi

Jonokuchi

• Regular Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:02

Good luck! If I was closer I would definitely make the trip to check it out. 

#3 Gurowake

Gurowake

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted Yesterday, 22:41

Poking around that website, I noticed the history section is somewhat out of date.  It mentions Asashoryu as the only Yokozuna, so that has to be at least 8 years old.

Edited by Gurowake, Yesterday, 22:41.

This is my signature.  It's not very interesting.

#4 Kasutera

Kasutera

Sandanme

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted Today, 00:06

To be honest, the USSF website is kind of a P.O.S. :-P

The US Amateur Sumo community is such that most of its online activity is curated through Facebook now, so the proper websites sort of get left in the lurch, with the exception of USA Sumo which is maintained semi-regularly: http://www.usasumo.com/

嘉素寺

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users