#1 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 20:49

Bon jour.

The Superbanzuke Universe has been updated. The starting page does not commemorate Kofuji any longer because he is in our hearts anyway.

Then we have the results of the Haru Masters Series.
This is what the press report had to say:

Haru 2012 was a close and stormy affair with no less than 12 players getting more than 30 Masters points. In the end, Pandaazuma won his second Green Mawashi in only three tournaments. thanks to a yusho in UDH, a co-yusho in ISP, and a jun-yusho in Chaingang.

Kaiomitsuki won the shukun-sho, his first ever sansho for getting a double yusho (Guess the Banzuke, RotoSumo).

tainosen is also a first-time sansho winner. He got the gino-sho, also for a double yusho, but in different categories, viz. pre-basho (Salarycap Sumo) and daily game (Sekitori Quadrumvirate).

Randomitsuki rounds out the sansho winners by getting his fifth career kanto-sho (now tied for the record with Golynohana and Doitsuyama). He scored in eight different games.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Some more details:
Second Hoshitori yusho for Mysko.
First quintuple-yusho ever (in ISP).
Second GTB yusho for Kaiomitsuki.
Fifth Makuuchi Bench Sumo yusho for Itachiyama, setting a new record! After winning back-to-back-to-back between Hatsu and Natsu 2010, he repeats with back-to-back yushos in Hatsu/Haru 2012. Watch out for Natsu Basho!
Third Norizo Cup yusho for GONZABUROW (and her second NC yusho in three tournaments).
Second Tippspiel-yusho for Susanoo.
Second Odd Sumo yusho for Kotononami.
Second RotoSumo yusho for Kaiomitsuki.

Finally, the World Championship Standings have been updated. Taka still enjoys the lead, but nomadwolf and Mysko gained some ground.

Enjoy!
Avatar Copyright 2004 by Boltono.

乱道光喜 - ran-dou-mitsu-ki - rejoicing in the light of the Chaos Way

#2 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 20:59

Sheesh, I was up for more than 60 Masters points after day 13, and still up for more than 50 points after day 14. Therefore, finishing in eighth place is not exactly breath-taking...

#3 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 00:40

Thanks for all your work, Rando. I'm glad to win, but I feel more relieved than anything else. That ISP debacle didn't cost me after all.

Taka has some lead there! Ganbarimasu!

#4 Fujisan

Fujisan

The crimson short one!

• Active Members
  • 4,994 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:11

Well done Simon,I'm pleased to see youv'e restored my faith in you.....;-)

I'm just glad to be off the starting blocks after Hatsus complete washout and with my best bashos to come(Natsu-Aki),this ones far from over......

Thank you for all your hard work Randomitsuki.....

One question though...

Am I not allowed to use my picture with the 2009 trophy? Only the older picture is not very clear?

"In Harry potter the philosophers stone,Harry found a mirror which when he looked at it he saw the one thing he 'desired more than anything else......'
My friend Wayne has been doing that for 48 years but it hasn't helped him any."  Paul(Fujisan)Sharp

New observation I thought was funny but Wayne didn't......
-----------------------------------------------------

My friend Dave has a brain like a computer,it never works when you really need it to......Paul(Fujisan)Sharp

------------------------------------------------

As for Jason and his wife Nicki here is the first verse i have written to a song I wrote in their honour....

"I married a woman,as crazy as can be,she's 3 parts vampire,2 parts chimpanze,i met her in the park she was swinging from the trees,I thought SHE was crazy,until I met her family......."

#5 Kaiomitsuki

Kaiomitsuki

Maegashira

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:21

My first sansho :-) Thank you !

Congratulations everybody... and for the Izzies with 8 Yushos (7 for France and 1 for Suisse)

to Randomitsuki : there are two Yusho portraits for Pandaazuma... but he didn't win the GTB ;-)
Kotononami wins two Yusho... why doesn't he win a Sansho ?

Edited by Kaiomitsuki, 27 March 2012 - 07:24.

#6 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:38

One question though...

Am I not allowed to use my picture with the 2009 trophy? Only the older picture is not very clear?

I have replaced the old picture with the trophy pic.

to Randomitsuki : there are two Yusho portraits for Pandaazuma... but he didn't win the GTB ;-)

Thanks. It's corrected now.

Kotononami wins two Yusho... why doesn't he win a Sansho ?

In case of a tie the player with more points gets the sansho. Therefore you were the winner, but not tainosen or Kotononami.
Same goes for the kanto-sho where both Frinkanohana and me had eight entries among the top 10, but I got more points.

Edited by Randomitsuki, 27 March 2012 - 07:38.

#7 Kaiomitsuki

Kaiomitsuki

Maegashira

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:50

In case of a tie the player with more points gets the sansho. Therefore you were the winner, but not tainosen or Kotononami.
Same goes for the kanto-sho where both Frinkanohana and me had eight entries among the top 10, but I got more points.

Thank you for your answer ;)

#8 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:58

D'oh. I just realized that Mysko also had eight entries among the top 10, but more points than me. So he is the kanto-sho winner (I will update the page later today).

#9 Ganzohnesushi

Ganzohnesushi

Sekiwake

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:10

Congratulations, Simon! Despite your clumsiness in ISP your overall perfomance was convincing and delivered enough points for the Green Mawashi.

Ganzohnesushi

#10 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:17

I just had a look at the World Championships page...in the yusho column, Ganzo has a big fat zero. Does a co-yusho (ISP) not count as a yusho?

#11 Ganzohnesushi

Ganzohnesushi

Sekiwake

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:35

Seems so. I had made the same observation and I saw that it was counted for no one of the co-Yusho'ers. Your "1" is from your UDH Yusho, from my point of view it should read "2".
BTW, in the Masters table all daily games are slightly colored in yellow except Odd Sumo. Perhaps this can be changed with the next upload...

Ganzohnesushi

Edited by Ganzohnesushi, 28 March 2012 - 06:36.

#12 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:23

Yep, I already noticed the wrong yusho count and found an awkward workaraound. However, the corrected data will only be seen for the next update of the World Championship (I am too lazy to repeat the automatic HTML conversion and then add all the rest manually again). As for the color coding, I will also look into this next basho.

#13 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 16:27

After other mishaps both in calculation and display of the Masters and WC results have been pointed out, I finally re-did the analysis. I think that all shortcomings of earlier versions are addressed, and experience tells me that I've introduced some new mistakes instead. Feel free to point them out. And marvel at the photo of Fujiyama whom some people suspected to be a fictitious person (not that a photo tells you much about his identity, but still...).

#14 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:33

After other mishaps both in calculation and display of the Masters and WC results have been pointed out, I finally re-did the analysis. I think that all shortcomings of earlier versions are addressed, and experience tells me that I've introduced some new mistakes instead. Feel free to point them out. And marvel at the photo of Fujiyama whom some people suspected to be a fictitious person (not that a photo tells you much about his identity, but still...).

Mark (Fujiyama) chose a good photo there! I was intrigued to hear that some people didn't think he existed - I know a lot of people think Chocshoporyu is fictitious but I assure you he is real as well! Anyway, Mark lives near me in Japan. Gary is a journalist in London. His mates all take the piss out of him when he watches the sumo stream in the office in the early mornings, calling Aran and his ilk every name under the sun when he henkas someone and causes him to lose Sumo Game.

#15 Fujisan

Fujisan

The crimson short one!

• Active Members
  • 4,994 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:52

His mates all take the piss out of him when he watches the sumo stream in the office in the early mornings, calling Aran and his ilk every name under the sun when he henkas someone and causes him to lose Sumo Game.

And I thought I was the only one who did that..

Before we met Hidenohana(Where is he now?) said he had seen me in the library but he thought I was a bit eccentric because I was talking to myself......

Actually I was cursing my team for letting me down again....

One time I nearly took someones eye out with a pen I threw down on the table in disgust and watched it fly across the room....

So they dont call me the wolf without reason..

Edited by Fujisan, 02 April 2012 - 01:49.

"In Harry potter the philosophers stone,Harry found a mirror which when he looked at it he saw the one thing he 'desired more than anything else......'
My friend Wayne has been doing that for 48 years but it hasn't helped him any."  Paul(Fujisan)Sharp

New observation I thought was funny but Wayne didn't......
-----------------------------------------------------

My friend Dave has a brain like a computer,it never works when you really need it to......Paul(Fujisan)Sharp

------------------------------------------------

As for Jason and his wife Nicki here is the first verse i have written to a song I wrote in their honour....

"I married a woman,as crazy as can be,she's 3 parts vampire,2 parts chimpanze,i met her in the park she was swinging from the trees,I thought SHE was crazy,until I met her family......."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users