Kokakuka- Sunenikizumotsu

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 22:32

ISP:
You can find the rules/login/sign up at:
http://isp.sumogames.com

YOU HAVE TO REGISTER!! REGISTRARE OBLIGATORE!! FESTIVUS!! When you do finally register, however, do not forget to use the tie-breaker thingy on the entrance page. Many a tear has been shed because "someone" didn't pick a tie-breaker.
The registration form is waiting patiently - don't let it be misunderstood.

ALL players must register for the Basho so they can enter their daily entries. Unregistered players will not be allowed to play, even if they used to.

CHAINGANG:
http://chaingang.sum.../chaingang.html

NEWS!!- The new entry site is up and running-soon all games will have new entry sites with universal passwords, as thanks to Kofuji and Doitsuyama we will be moving into the 21st century soon.

In Doitsuyama's own words:
"The new version uses the unified sumogames login (which was already in use in the maegashira game). Advantages: Only one login for all sumogames. You can have different shikona for all games, in fact it's easy to make a shikona change within a game (not possible in the old version). I moved all players to a sumogames account (if they didn't already have one from the maegashira game), so existing players shouldn't need to create a new account."

You are all invited to try it out at :
http://www.sumogames...gang/Rules.aspx

IMPORTANT!! IMPORTANT!! YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO PLAY!!

You will need to pick TWO default rikishi before the basho starts for the days you don't/can't/won't/ play who cannot be changed.

((((((Note!!!)))))) - You CANNOT pick the Yokozuna and you may NOT pick your nose.

There will be no e-mails sent out during the Basho as we believe in recycling- you'll have to visit us repeatedly to see if you're still standing.
Deadline: NOW!!

IMPORTANT!! IMPORTANT!! YOU HAVE TO REGISTER TO PLAY!!. (take three)

DEADLINE: STILL NOW!!!

Good luck!!
Kintamayama, Doitsuyama, and Kofuji (always..)
Guessbusters Inc.

Edited by Kintamayama, 05 March 2012 - 22:32.

"I wouldn't play for free even if you paid me!!"
Download my sumo toolbar - http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/
Posted Image

#2 ronnie

ronnie

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 20:29

Just attempted to enter my pick for Day 1 in CG, but have encountered a "runtime error". Am I doing something wrong, or is it a temporary glitch?

#3 Doitsuyama

Doitsuyama

Yokozuna

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 21:53

Just attempted to enter my pick for Day 1 in CG, but have encountered a "runtime error". Am I doing something wrong, or is it a temporary glitch?

Sorry about that. Pick and confirmation mail were actually ok, just a bug in the display of the after pick page. Corrected now.

#4 ronnie

ronnie

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 21:59

Thanks Doitsuyama, my e-mails are now showing 5 successful attempts to enter for Day1.

Guaranteed to go out at the first hurdle now (In jonokuchi...)

#5 Kotoviki

Kotoviki

琴美輝

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:58

I missed so many game deadlines... but at least I got these two in! Thanks!

#6 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

• Active Members
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:22

My apologies for totally forgetting to acknowledge the winner of Chaingang.. Bad me.. The winner is Kotononami, after a three way tie with Slavkoyama and Pandaazuma. As he picked more lower-ranked rikishi on average than the other two, it's his yusho. Congratulations! And jubilations!

Now, for the bad news- No way am I going to allow this to happen again!! Reaching day 15? Are you kidding me? Three players??? Riding the Ozekis has become an easy ticket lately. Some rule-changes are in the works-old rules may be re-implemented, totally new rules may be introduced.This game used to end around day 8 tops..
You have been warned!!

Edited by Kintamayama, 05 April 2012 - 12:23.

Posted Image

#7 Ganzohnesushi

Ganzohnesushi

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 19:10

This is good news, Kinta-san. I was never happy with the change of rules which allowed picking Ozeki from Day 1 onwards... It was nice to see some derailing bandwaggon from time to time but in the end the "safe" players have dominated way too many Bashos. Back to the old rules? YES!

Ganzohnesushi

#8 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 14:17

This is good news, Kinta-san. I was never happy with the change of rules which allowed picking Ozeki from Day 1 onwards... It was nice to see some derailing bandwaggon from time to time but in the end the "safe" players have dominated way too many Bashos. Back to the old rules? YES!

Ganzohnesushi

Dammit...and I've just made it to the top of the rankings as well!

Honestly, though, I prefer it without the ozeki. Makes it even more of an agonizing experience each day! A great game!

#9 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

• Active Members
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 14:42

Ganzohnesushi

Dammit...and I've just made it to the top of the rankings as well!

Honestly, though, I prefer it without the ozeki. Makes it even more of an agonizing experience each day! A great game!

The original intention was even darker.. you were supposed to be able to choose the same rikishi only once every basho. We decided to forgo that, and from that idea Seki Quad was born.
Posted Image

#10 ronnie

ronnie

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 14:48

I would be in favour of a restriction on picks of sekitori ranked between M1e to J14w. With the provisio of picking a maegashira to defeat a sanyaku opponent or above!

There............that's what I think ;-)

#11 Achiyama

Achiyama

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 23:05

I agree that there should be made some changes because several players decided to sit on an Ozeki.
Can you imagine what would have happened, if everybody had decided to do the same?
On the other hand, it was more interesting allowing to chose Sanyaku players.
So, my suggestion is to limit the use of Sanyaku players to 4 or 5, and the Ozeki cannot be more than 2 or 3, respectively.
Or more harshly, 3 Sanyaku, and no more than 2 Ozeki.
This is just a suggestion.

#12 Fukurou

Fukurou

Ozeki

• Active Members
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 23:25

I agree that there should be made some changes because several players decided to sit on an Ozeki.
Can you imagine what would have happened, if everybody had decided to do the same?

Just like a few years back when everyone was riding Asashoryu. Then the rules were changed so you couldn't pick Yokozuna or Ozeki at all. I don't know why the restriction on Ozeki was dropped - I agree with Ganzohnesushi, and liked the no-Yok/Oz version. (Kintamayama's "darker" version could be interesting too)

Anyway, for tiebreaker purposes IMO players really should be going the route of the lower ranked rikishi, not the top rankers.
Posted Image
Fukurou

"Look! I have one job... it's stupid, but I'm gonna do it! Okay?"
-- Gwen DeMarco

#13 ronnie

ronnie

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 23:37

IMO players really should be going the route of the lower ranked rikishi, not the top rankers.

Didn't I just say that?

#14 Fukurou

Fukurou

Ozeki

• Active Members
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 23:51

IMO players really should be going the route of the lower ranked rikishi, not the top rankers.

Didn't I just say that?

I read

I would be in favour of a restriction on picks of sekitori ranked between M1e to J14w.

as saying you are in favor of restricting picks between M1 and J14 (as in, you can't pick between those ranks), just as I (and others) would like to see a restriction on picking Yokozuna and Ozeki (you can't pick those ranks). I now see you want to restrict picks to ranks between M1 and J14, which is stricter than my suggestion to go back to the earlier rules.
Posted Image
Fukurou

"Look! I have one job... it's stupid, but I'm gonna do it! Okay?"
-- Gwen DeMarco

#15 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:47

So, my suggestion is to limit the use of Sanyaku players to 4 or 5, and the Ozeki cannot be more than 2 or 3, respectively.

Are you suggesting something was actually wrong with picking ozeki? Like it wasn't noble enough, or something?

I simply picked the rikishi I felt was most likely to win the next day, and that was often an ozeki, especially in the first ten days. The tactics of each game are dictated by the rules...and if you want to win, you forget about being noble!

That said, I am glad the rules have changed, as it will make the game more challenging and interesting. However, luck will become a much bigger factor, of course.

#16 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

• Active Members
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:58

That said, I am glad the rules have changed, as it will make the game more challenging and interesting. However, luck will become a much bigger factor, of course.

The rules have not changed YET. An official declaration (with horses and hummus) will be made when and if we can actually implement them.
Thank you for your patience..
Posted Image

#17 Achiyama

Achiyama

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 20:27

Are you suggesting something was actually wrong with picking ozeki? Like it wasn't noble enough, or something?

I have never said that it is wrong or not noble to pick ozeki. Just I think the predictability an Ozeki to win is much higher. So, the game becomes very dull. And not to say much more difficult for the Rijicho to manage the game.

Edited by Achiyama, 10 April 2012 - 20:36.

#18 Achiyama

Achiyama

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 20:41

Another suggestion to be considered, if you may:

Ozeki only in Ozeki-Ozeki or Ozeki-Yakozuna bouts to be allowed to be picked. It will be more difficult to pick Ozeki in such situations.

#19 Asojima

Asojima

Ancient Observer

• Active Members
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 20:49

Ozeki only in Ozeki-Ozeki or Ozeki-Yakozuna bouts to be allowed to be picked. It will be more difficult to pick Ozeki in such situations.

Hee. Hee. Not a player, but I feel safer picking the winner in one of these matches than in almost any other Ozeki match.

Life's Lessons:  Don't depend on the loud music to hide your farts when you are listening to your IPod. 

Adoptee: Hitachigo (Ms34w), 28 yrs; 148.8kg/183cm, 11th year, High: Ms15w ---- Haru ( 0 - 7 )
Adoptee: Homarefuji (J6w), 28 yrs; 149.2kg/179cm, 7th year, High: M15w   -------- Haru ( 7 - 8 )

#20 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

Sumo is a very good thing. Though better with affordable video.

• Active Members
  • 15,972 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 20:56

I believe the previous "no ozeki and yokozuna picks allowed" phase had exactly that additional provision. (See Day 8, 13 and 14 picks in Nagoya 2007.)

#21 Achiyama

Achiyama

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 23:12

I believe the previous "no ozeki and yokozuna picks allowed" phase had exactly that additional provision. (See Day 8, 13 and 14 picks in Nagoya 2007.)

Thanks for pointing it out. I didn't know that as I joined the Sumoforum and started playing games in 2010.
Sorry for any inconveniences.

#22 Kotononami

Kotononami

Juryo

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 21:56

My apologies for totally forgetting to acknowledge the winner of Chaingang.. Bad me.. The winner is Kotononami, after a three way tie with Slavkoyama and Pandaazuma. As he picked more lower-ranked rikishi on average than the other two, it's his yusho. Congratulations! And jubilations!

Just here to say that I'm particularly happy with this title. I did not think I would be able to be "alive" on senshuraku.
Congrats to Slavkoyama and Pandaazuma too , it was very tight till the end.

#23 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:00

Just a couple of points...first, can't reach ISP from the main SB page link. Just to let Doitsuyama know.

Also, Moti, have we confirmed the Chaingang rule change yet? I haven't seen anything mentioned.

Cheers...

S

#24 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

• Active Members
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:09

The rule change situation will be addressed in a few hours, hopefully..
Posted Image

#25 Doitsuyama

Doitsuyama

Yokozuna

• Active Members
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:37

Just a couple of points...first, can't reach ISP from the main SB page link. Just to let Doitsuyama know.

The SB page is beyond my control, but it is well maintained and should be corrected soon. Meanwhile this reminded me to update the Sumogames' own homepage with links to all games.

Edited by Doitsuyama, 30 April 2012 - 06:37.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users