6 replies to this topic

#1 athelitextreme

athelitextreme

Makushita

• Inactive Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 15:47

I searched the forum but I couldn't find the answers to my questions...

I just read that Michinoku has resigned. Is this true? If so, what will happen to Michinoku-heya? :'-(

Also, it seems that the March tourney in Osaka has been cancelled. Is this true too?

If any of these stories are true, it'll be extremely disappointing!

http://www.cibersumo...lsados-del-sumo

#2 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

Sumo is a very good thing. Though better with affordable video.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,449 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 16:03

The pitfalls of undated news pages... The article you've linked is 11 months old and refers to last year's chaos.

#3 athelitextreme

athelitextreme

Makushita

• Inactive Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 16:16

I was aware that the March 2011 Osakaka tourney had been cancelled. When I read the story, I thought the March 2012 Osakaka tourney was cancelled too!

I wasn't aware that Michinoku had resigned. Is this in fact the case? If so, then Michinoku-heya continues with his name?

Also, what was the result of Oyakata Tanigawa taking the JSA to court? Was he able to continue in Sumo?

On a side note, is it the correct to say Oyakata Tanigawa or Tanigawa Oyakata?

I truly & greatly appreciate your interest & time in responding & clearing this up for me.

#4 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

Sumo is a very good thing. Though better with affordable video.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,449 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 18:28

I wasn't aware that Michinoku had resigned. Is this in fact the case? If so, then Michinoku-heya continues with his name?

Michinoku and some others were forced to resign from their "office jobs" in the Kyokai; they did remain members of the organization so their stables weren't affected.

Also, what was the result of Oyakata Tanigawa taking the JSA to court?

I think he ended up not suing...not sure actually, but I don't recall hearing about it again.

On a side note, is it the correct to say Oyakata Tanigawa or Tanigawa Oyakata?

The latter sounds more "right" to me, but that might be more because it's the Japanese word order so it's frequently seen around here. I don't think it makes much difference though, both are understandable just fine.

#5 athelitextreme

athelitextreme

Makushita

• Inactive Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 20:21

Also, what was the result of Oyakata Tanigawa taking the JSA to court?

I think he ended up not suing...not sure actually, but I don't recall hearing about it again.

Alright, I'm researching the answer, but Tanigawa Oyakata is being cited online as two different people. Is he Hokutōriki Hideki or Kaihō Ryōji? It appears one was forced out while the other retired due to injury. Whis is which???

Thanks again. (Eh?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiho

http://en.wikipedia....utōriki_Hideki

#6 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 21:03

Alright, I'm researching the answer, but Tanigawa Oyakata is being cited online as two different people. Is he Hokutōriki Hideki or Kaihō Ryōji? It appears one was forced out while the other retired due to injury. Whis is which???

Both Kaiho and Hokutoriki held the Tanigawa name. Kaiho acquired it on loan after he retired in July 2010; he was then forced out of the Kyokai in the wake of the yaocho scandal.

About a month after that, Hokutoriki retired and acquired the Tanigawa name, and continues to be Tanigawa-oyakata now.

You can see the history of the Tanigawa toshiyori (and the rest, for that matter) here.

Edited by Yubinhaad, 24 February 2012 - 21:03.

#7 athelitextreme

athelitextreme

Makushita

• Inactive Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 21:11

Thank you Asashosakari & Yubinhaad!!! (Applauding...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users