3 replies to this topic

#1 Bugman

Bugman

Leaf Nibbler

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 19:55

I've found an interesting song in a Sumo documentary on Youtube about Baruto, it starts at 11.55 and i could have sworn i have heard it somewhere before, possibly on a compilation of japanese folk songs i once had and have now sadly long ago lost, any Japanese-music aficionado recognise it by any chance?

It is indeed a long shot hehe :)

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it.  -  Charlie Chaplin

#2 Otokonoyama

Otokonoyama

montani semper liberi

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:50

The song is Soran Bushi.

Edited by Otokonoyama, 18 February 2012 - 01:53.

#3 Orion

Orion

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:36

That's the studio where we do the English commentary; Murray is in the play-by-play man's seat, and there's somebody's coat on the commentator's seat. Unfortunately on this computer I can't get sound -- but I seem to be permanently logged in to Sumo Forum.

Orion

#4 Bugman

Bugman

Leaf Nibbler

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 18:26

Wow, i really didn't expect to get an answer for this one, thank you very much Otokonoyama :) Orion you work there? that is fantastic, i'm very lucky to be able to watch Sumo through the official live stream but i don't have cable TV myself, so i'm afraid i haven't had the pleasure of hearing your commentary.

thanks again, i had a wonderful compilation of japanese folk music many years ago and i lost it, Soran Bushi was among the songs there, didn't expect to ever find out the name so i'm very happy :)

Edited by Bugman, 18 February 2012 - 18:28.

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it.  -  Charlie Chaplin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users