255 replies to this topic

#151 Jakusotsu

Jakusotsu

North Pole Ichimon

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,444 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:01

When I click "Next Unread Topic" at the bottom right (my favourite way of navigating now) and there have been some new replies to the topic while I was reading, they won't be marked as new.
"I don't believe anyone has the right not to be offended by something." - ryafuji

#152 Manekineko

Manekineko

diarrhea in the sky

• Moderators
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 17:34

Methinks this belongs here...

That is very strange. Neither of the 2 posts immediately above mine was visible when I made my posting! I logged in just before 10 o'clock this morning, so it wasn't because the window had been sitting around with the thread open for a long while. And it wasn't my usual mistake where I don't notice that there is a new page in a thread beyond the one I am reading. And I have completely stopped using Internet Stupid Explorer Stupid 7, so it wasn't that either!

Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton

#153 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 13:51

When I click "Next Unread Topic" at the bottom right (my favourite way of navigating now) and there have been some new replies to the topic while I was reading, they won't be marked as new.

Hm, you're supposed to get a notification of any new posts while you are reading a topic. Did you get one?

Methinks this belongs here...

That is very strange. Neither of the 2 posts immediately above mine was visible when I made my posting! I logged in just before 10 o'clock this morning, so it wasn't because the window had been sitting around with the thread open for a long while. And it wasn't my usual mistake where I don't notice that there is a new page in a thread beyond the one I am reading. And I have completely stopped using Internet Stupid Explorer Stupid 7, so it wasn't that either!

I'm not sure about this one, it sounds like a server/cache error. If it happens again, let me know.
takarafuji.pngshibuya.pnghomasho.pngonosho.pngtowanoyama.png
(In association with Takarafuji, Inc.)

#154 Jakusotsu

Jakusotsu

North Pole Ichimon

• Moderators
  • 6,444 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 22:40

Hm, you're supposed to get a notification of any new posts while you are reading a topic. Did you get one?

Nope. (and popups are not blocked for the sumoforum)
"I don't believe anyone has the right not to be offended by something." - ryafuji

#155 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 23:17

Nope. (and popups are not blocked for the sumoforum)

Just to chime in on this, I've seen those notifications a few times so it seems to be working. As far as I can recall I've only seen them when I've been actually posting in a topic, rather than just reading it, but of course that might simply be the circumstance of it happening only when I've been posting. It's not a popup window though, it's a black bar that appears towards the top of the screen (I think - it's been a while since it happened so I'm not 100% sure on that).

Edit: After a quick search, I've found this post in the IP.Board feedback forum, in which the writer suggests that the new reply notification doesn't hang around for long (I don't recall how long it stays there myself, as I said earlier it's been a while since it's happened to me). So maybe Jakusotsu has simply not seen it because it's vanished while he's glanced away from the screen.

Edited by Yubinhaad, 22 March 2012 - 00:32.

#156 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

Sumo is a very good thing. Though better with affordable video.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,709 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:07

Just to chime in on this, I've seen those notifications a few times so it seems to be working. As far as I can recall I've only seen them when I've been actually posting in a topic, rather than just reading it, but of course that might simply be the circumstance of it happening only when I've been posting. It's not a popup window though, it's a black bar that appears towards the top of the screen (I think - it's been a while since it happened so I'm not 100% sure on that).

Yes, same here - I'm fairly sure I've only seen those notification overlays for the purpose of announcing "other posts were added while you were composing yours", similarly to notices on Sumotalk and the German forum.

#157 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,709 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:31

Yes, same here - I'm fairly sure I've only seen those notification overlays for the purpose of announcing "other posts were added while you were composing yours", similarly to notices on Sumotalk and the German forum.

Saw the while-reading overlay today. :-)

#158 Jakusotsu

Jakusotsu

North Pole Ichimon

• Moderators
  • 6,444 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:10

I've seen this notification for the first time today, but at that time I was currently writing in the reply box at the bottom, so I don't know if it would have shown up otherwise.

#159 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 14:32

I was updating my profile a few days ago and noticed I had some number (20 something good)...presumably it means 20-odd people 'liked' my profile, Facebook-style. I just had a look now and it has gone down to 13!! The horror!! Does this mean 10 or so people don't like me anymore??? Have I been 'un-liked'? Or is there some time element involved?

I don't give a flying one, of course...just quite interested as I've never seen such a thing before - I'm a rabid hater of social media!

Apologies if this was answered earlier...I haven't read this thread. And if it takes a long answer, don't worry about it!

#160 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 14:44

I was updating my profile a few days ago and noticed I had some number (20 something good)...presumably it means 20-odd people 'liked' my profile, Facebook-style. I just had a look now and it has gone down to 13!! The horror!! Does this mean 10 or so people don't like me anymore??? Have I been 'un-liked'? Or is there some time element involved?

I don't give a flying one, of course...just quite interested as I've never seen such a thing before - I'm a rabid hater of social media!

Apologies if this was answered earlier...I haven't read this thread. And if it takes a long answer, don't worry about it!

People do not "like" you per se (although they might), but they "like" contributions by you. These "likes" for individual comments are summed up. Obviously, you must have made a good remark or provided a good service (rikishi talk are obvious candidates, but I'm too lazy to look it up). As it seems, readers can retract a "like" at a later date, so this must have happened to you seven times (or maybe the "likes" fade away over time?). I was proud of my first "like", and saw that it was gone at a later time. That's like life...
Avatar Copyright © 2004 by Boltono.

乱道光喜 - ran-dou-mitsu-ki - rejoicing in the light of the Chaos Way

#161 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 15:09

Thanks again Rando!! As I can't quite believe that anyone would actually go out of their way to retract a 'like', it must fade with time!

#162 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,709 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:41

Just noticed that heya affiliation and favourite rikishi are now grouped in a strange category named "Previous Fields" in the member profiles. Not a big deal, but maybe there's a way to rename that to something more appropriate?

#163 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 23:54

Just noticed that heya affiliation and favourite rikishi are now grouped in a strange category named "Previous Fields" in the member profiles. Not a big deal, but maybe there's a way to rename that to something more appropriate?

Fixed. Also, welcome to 3.3.1.

#164 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 15:04

Not sure if I'm reporting a bug or if it's working as intended. The 'direct post URL' link (the number at the right hand side, in this case #164) no longer opens up a little window with the post URL; instead the URL ends up in the browser address bar. Alternatively you can right-click on the number and then click 'Copy Shortcut' to copy the post URL that way.

#165 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 22:05

Not sure if I'm reporting a bug or if it's working as intended. The 'direct post URL' link (the number at the right hand side, in this case #164) no longer opens up a little window with the post URL; instead the URL ends up in the browser address bar. Alternatively you can right-click on the number and then click 'Copy Shortcut' to copy the post URL that way.

Working as intended. Part of the SEO tweaks in version 3.3.

#166 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 23:54

No more deleting posts? The only buttons I see now are report, edit, multiquote and quote.

#167 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 13:50

No more deleting posts? The only buttons I see now are report, edit, multiquote and quote.

(Eh?) Strange. I'll have to fix that.

#168 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 15:39

It's back now, thanks Exil! (I am not worthy...)

#169 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,709 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 15:17

It's back now, thanks Exil! (I am not worthy...)

Thanks from me, too. The fairly useless reminder that mods can see removed posts seems to have taken a hike in favour of a more streamlined confirmation popup again.

#170 nomadwolf

nomadwolf

Juryo

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:57

The old forum had a drop-down list at the bottom of each page where you can select another forum without jumping back to the main page. Is this an option for IPBoard?

#171 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:48

The old forum had a drop-down list at the bottom of each page where you can select another forum without jumping back to the main page. Is this an option for IPBoard?

Quick navigation is now at the top right of the page, next to the 'View new content' button, although it opens a mini-window now instead of a drop-down menu.

#172 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,709 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:49

There's a nav button to the right of "View New Content" near the top of the page.

Edit: Whoops, too slow.

Edited by Asashosakari, 30 April 2012 - 11:50.

#173 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 20:30

I think this hasn't been covered before. My messenger storage space is almost depleted. In the old version one could save up to 50 PMs into a single HTML file. Has that feature gone?
Avatar Copyright © 2004 by Boltono.

乱道光喜 - ran-dou-mitsu-ki - rejoicing in the light of the Chaos Way

#174 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 20:36

I think this hasn't been covered before. My messenger storage space is almost depleted. In the old version one could save up to 50 PMs into a single HTML file. Has that feature gone?

Open a conversation. Scroll down. Lower right hand corner. (Archive Conversation)

#175 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 20:51

Ok, I just finished pulling out my teeth after losing everything I meticulously wrote and was about to post. Once, when I screwed up and opened another page on the page I was entering a post in, I would just hit the back button and what I wrote was still there. Not anymore it ain't. I opened a link in the same tab by mistake, hit back, and nothing- blank sheet. SHEEEEEEEEEEET.
Had to redo everything. or is there some way this won't happen??
Got even older.

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?

A guy who is up all night arguing with himself over whether or not there is a dog.

Download my sumo toolbar - http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/
post-62-1171731969.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users