255 replies to this topic

#51 shimodahito

shimodahito

Sekiwake

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:05

good day... keeping an open mind, but will be happy as long as my favorite postings continue (i.e., lower division results, rikishi talk, etc...).

Where are the links to the 'sumo glossary' and 'live stream'? they used to be near the top left area.....

thanks.
-shimodahito

#52 Vikanohara

Vikanohara

Rattlehead

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:39

Will sure take a while to get used to, but once that is done...
Though I'm not too fond of the Facebook elements.

That did the trick. Thanks. Now I still miss the global "Mark all posts as read" button. Sigh.

It's at the down left corner "Mark Community Read".

Edited by Vikanohara, 10 February 2012 - 09:43.

People in glass houses should not be throwing stones.

Life is short, so learn from your mistakes.
And stand behind the choices that you make.

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

#53 Jakusotsu

Jakusotsu

North Pole Ichimon

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:04

Probably nothing that could be changed easily, but "PREV Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 NEXT" on the bottom left is rather counterintuitive. I first didn't notice there are more pages in this thread already.
"I don't believe anyone has the right not to be offended by something." - ryafuji

#54 yade

yade

Jonokuchi

• Regular Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 13:14

is there a possibility to add rss feeds to this forum? the old rss feeds are not working anymore. would be a great help :)

#55 Afrozuna

Afrozuna

Juryo

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:30

Must say I got the shock of my life when I surfed to this web I thought I was on the wrong forum :-) . I must congratulate the admins on job well done hope it was not too difficult or time consuming to do. I thought there'be be a topic for this by now didn't see any so have started this one.

Now wish we had a videos section :-)

#56 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 19:07

Nice look! Much, much better than the old frozen tundra blue. Nice to see some white. Good choice.

Glad you like it. I can't take the credit for that one, though. It's the default theme. :-)

Where are the links to the 'sumo glossary' and 'live stream'? they used to be near the top left area.....

Back now. I hope the design works in all browsers, though. (Being unsure...)

Probably nothing that could be changed easily, but "PREV Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 NEXT" on the bottom left is rather counterintuitive. I first didn't notice there are more pages in this thread already.

Then again, that's where it used to be, isn't it. But whoever thought that right arrow signifies LAST should be hit with the clue bat...

is there a possibility to add rss feeds to this forum? the old rss feeds are not working anymore. would be a great help :)

Why yes. We have two feeds ready for you. The first includes most subforums, the second only includes the Ozumo section.
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=rss&type=forums&id=1
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=rss&type=forums&id=2
You can also roll your own RSS feed with ssi.php.

Edited by Exil, 10 February 2012 - 19:52.

takarafuji.pngshibuya.pnghomasho.pngonosho.pngtowanoyama.png
(In association with Takarafuji, Inc.)

#57 Jakusotsu

Jakusotsu

North Pole Ichimon

• Moderators
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 19:15

Then again, that's where it used to be, isn't it.

No, it wasn't. It used to be at the bottom right.
"I don't believe anyone has the right not to be offended by something." - ryafuji

#58 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

Sumo is a very good thing. Though better with affordable video.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 19:23

Posted Image

#59 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 19:27

Is there no way to deactivate the image popup when the image hasn't actually been reduced in size? This is getting rather annoying indeed.

#60 yade

yade

Jonokuchi

• Regular Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 19:43

Why yes. We have two feeds ready for you. The first has includes most subforums, the second only includes the Ozumo section.
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=rss&type=forums&id=1
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=rss&type=forums&id=2
You can also roll your own RSS feed with ssi.php.

works fine! thanks (Applauding...)

#61 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 20:11

You know, for a moment there I questioned my sanity...

Is there no way to deactivate the image popup when the image hasn't actually been reduced in size? This is getting rather annoying indeed.

I don't see one. It's probably one of those "uniform browsing experience" things. Stop clicking at pictures. :-P

#62 Jakusotsu

Jakusotsu

North Pole Ichimon

• Moderators
  • 6,462 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:01

You know, for a moment there I questioned my sanity...

Cripes! Must have mixed it up with the German forum...

Please ignore me. (Wearing a paperbag...)

#63 Washuyama

Washuyama

Sekiwake

• Active Members
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:36

Exil, Thanks for all the work!! (I am not worthy...)

#64 Orion

Orion

Sekiwake

• Regular Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:46

The new format is gradually coming together on each one of the five computers I use in the course of my work. To be precise, I am now getting reasonably regular service in two out of five places, and haven't sorted it out in three places. But things are looking up -- this morning, on my home computer, there wasn't a 'sign in' button; this time (mid-evening) there was.

Meanwhile I have an early start tomorrow. If you aren't aready on the list, forget about it

Orion

#65 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 13:29

And now, although nobody really asked, we also know what time it is. Let me know if these customizations won't work with some browser/OS combination.

#66 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,099 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 14:15

And now, although nobody really asked, we also know what time it is. Let me know if these customizations won't work with some browser/OS combination.

Do we all see Japan Time or are we supposed to see our local time? My settings are correct but I'm getting Japan time.

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?

A guy who is up all night arguing with himself over whether or not there is a dog.

Download my sumo toolbar - http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/
post-62-1171731969.gif

#67 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 14:49

Do we all see Japan Time or are we supposed to see our local time? My settings are correct but I'm getting Japan time.

I assumed you would know the local time, so the dual timezone clock felt kind of redundant. JST is still relevant, at least during basho.

If you're confused, maybe we can chip in and get you a wrist watch. :-D

#68 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,099 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 15:09

I assumed you would know the local time, so the dual timezone clock felt kind of redundant. JST is still relevant, at least during basho.

If you're confused, maybe we can chip in and get you a wrist watch. :-D

Well, I just wanted to know..

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?

A guy who is up all night arguing with himself over whether or not there is a dog.

Download my sumo toolbar - http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/
post-62-1171731969.gif

#69 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 16:00

Since nobody else talked about it, I assume I'm the very last person to figure out that the "Recent topics" widget can be hidden to expand the main display back to full width...

BTW, the reply window I'm typing in right now has defaulted to text-only mode, presumably because I had switched to that for my previous post. I like it, so just to satisfy my curiosity - has something been changed/fixed since post #33 in this thread?

On another note - anybody else a bit annoyed by the blocky default avatars? I liked it better when people who didn't set an avatar pic simply didn't display one...

And speaking of avatars, what's the maximum display size now, 128x192 again? If the avatar change popup is configurable, maybe that information can be added there again. The "Recommend an image 200px or larger" is somewhat confusing (especially since the preview image next to it is still 100x100).

Edited by Asashosakari, 11 February 2012 - 16:07.

#70 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 16:13

Hmm, why have the secondary topic lines disappeared...?

#71 Randomitsuki

Randomitsuki

Clueless Clairvoyant

• Moderators
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 17:08

Since nobody else talked about it, I assume I'm the very last person to figure out that the "Recent topics" widget can be hidden to expand the main display back to full width...

Erm, no. In fact, I haven't found anything like Board Settings so far. So, how to get rid of "Recent topics"?
Avatar Copyright © 2004 by Boltono.

乱道光喜 - ran-dou-mitsu-ki - rejoicing in the light of the Chaos Way

#72 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 17:31

Erm, no. In fact, I haven't found anything like Board Settings so far. So, how to get rid of "Recent topics"?

There should be a black 'x' at the top right corner of the widget - just click.

#73 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,714 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 18:39

There should be a black 'x' at the top right corner of the widget - just click.

Right, the fact that the X only appears when you actually mouse over the widget was a surprise to me. Goes to show how little use I have for that view that it took me more than two days to discover that. (Laughing...)

Edit: I see the rules page is no longer the first view when surfing to http://www.sumoforum.net/. Not a criticism - I understand the rationale for doing it that way years ago, but I think it's an idea that has been passed by time, so the new setup is preferable. (But, is the URL really supposed to say http://www.sumoforum.net/index.html/ as the landing page instead of http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/?)

Edited by Asashosakari, 11 February 2012 - 18:47.

#74 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 18:52

Right, the fact that the X only appears when you actually mouse over the widget was a surprise to me.

What browser are you using, if I may ask? I'm using IE8, and I see the black 'x' box without mousing anywhere near it, in fact it seems to float just over a tiny 'x' which sits on the recent topics bar. Maybe that's a display problem with mine and explains why I got rid of the recent topics box straight away.

Edit: Ah - now I've actually clicked it - the tiny 'x' on the bar clears the contents of the widget, but leaves the bar there - for no good reason I can see. The X-box closes the whole thing.

Edited by Yubinhaad, 18 February 2012 - 16:11.

#75 sashimaru

sashimaru

Juryo

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 19:05

How do I mark all posts as read?
happy tachiai,
sashimaru

"Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else."

0 user(s) are reading this topic