30 replies to this topic

#1 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 23:12

Baruto started training today at home. He faced Tenkaihou for ten bouts and won them all. He even used kimedashi to win one bout, something he has not done in honbasho and may be adding it to his arsenal. The heya started training on the first and today was the first time Baruto did any sumo. Although he did only a few bouts, he was not out of breath and looked good. "I was checking out how I am, but I sweated well," he said. "Wow, he executed that one perfectly," marveled Tenkaihou about the kimedashi. "I have what I have, " said Baruto cryptically.
Since he started sumo, Baruto has won using 26 techniques, not bad even compared to Hakuhou, who has 29. "If I can do more, I think I can surprise my opponents, " said Baruto.

No kime here, but dashi:
Posted Image

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?

A guy who is up all night arguing with himself over whether or not there is a dog.

Download my sumo toolbar - http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/
post-62-1171731969.gif

#2 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 21:49

Baruto trained at home today, again with Tenkaihou- winning all of their 11 bouts. "I'm starting to think about the coming basho. I'd like to prepare mentally as quickly as possible. There has to be some pressure on me, otherwise it's not good. Still, it's not the first time that the focus is on me," he said, smiling. He has started serious training a week earlier than he usually does. "It's a tsuna run and he's facing it in good condition," added Onoe Oyakata.

A guy who is up all night arguing with himself over whether or not there is a dog.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#3 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 21:22

Baruto is taking his wife on a victory holiday from February 12th for 8 days to Vladivostok, his wife's hometown, and other places. They will visit his father-in-law and will attend a friend's wedding.Today he was at the KKan with all the others for the 45th NHK variety sumo show where everybody lets their hair down and sings and dances and is jovial. He even wrestled against a 10 year old (among the bunch of kids) who is directly descended from ancient number 9 Yokozuna Hidenoyama. He lost to the kids and a splendid time was had by all. "I showed really bad form and lost today but the kids were happy," he joked somewhat.

Baruto and the the great great great grandchild of Hidenoyama:
Posted Image

Baruto and kids:
Posted Image

Edited by Kintamayama, 11 February 2012 - 21:32.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#4 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 22:12

He even wrestled against a 10 year old (among the bunch of kids) who is directly descended from ancient number 9 Yokozuna Hidenoyama.

I really like it when descendants of rikishi of the past enter ozumo, so it'd be awesome if that kid joins up in a few years' time.

Another shot of the future Yokozuna. And Baruto...

Posted Image

Edited by Yubinhaad, 08 March 2012 - 19:32.

#5 Asojima

Asojima

Ancient Observer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:59

Off Season Exercise

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Asojima, 16 February 2012 - 07:38.

Inside every old person there is a young person who wonders what the hell happened. 

Adoptee: Hitachigo (Ms29w), 29 yrs; 148.8kg/183cm, 11th year, High: Ms15w ---- Kyushu ( 2 - 5 )
Adoptee: Homarefuji (M12w), 29 yrs; 149.2kg/179cm, 7th year, High: M12w   ----- Kyushu ( 8 - 7 )

#6 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 19:30

Kisenosato started serious training at the Naruto lodgings in Osaka today and was looking good. 12-0 against Takanoyama and 22-3 against Takayasu in training bouts. "I was really into it and put in an effort.. I still gots a lawng way to go.. " he said later.

Edited by Kintamayama, 28 February 2012 - 19:30.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#7 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:12

Baruto trained at the Onoe beya Osaka lodgings today, facing off with Tenkaihou and beating him 20-0. What stood out was Baruto's experimenting with new tachi-ai techniques-grabbing his opponent's front mawashi, using left otsuke and more. "I'm experimenting..I can't let my opponent feel I have only one type of tachi-ai..I have to change my sumo.." he explained. Is the "all strength, no technique" image he has about to change?

Edited by Kintamayama, 29 February 2012 - 06:26.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#8 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 18:09

Kotoshougiku and Kotooushuu trained against each other at Sadogatake beya today. 23 intense bouts- 12-11 to Kotoshougiku. "I am able to prepare well, When my body will be ready my mind will follow," said Shougiku.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#9 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:20

Baruto trained at home today-the usual Tenkaihou bashing (17-0) and experimenting with new techniques-today was nodowa day, with some migi yotsu and hidari yotsu thrown in. "I told him to try out all kinds of stuff," said Onoe Oyakata. "It's been two years since the last Haru basho so everyone here is probably really looking forward to it, as I am myself," added Baruto.

"I told you never to call me here!! I think my phone is being tapped..There's a guy behind me inserting a listening device up my ass as we speak.."
Posted Image

post-62-1171731969.gif

#10 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:26

Kisenosato had 40 training bouts at the Naruto Osaka lodgings today. He faced his usual opponents - Takayasu and Takanoyama, and emerged 33-7. Another scientist, experimenting with his otsuke and generally being experimental. "I am not going about it precisely, I'm checking out stuff," he said knowingly.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#11 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:44

Hakuhou went for degeiko at Dewanoumi where they have many sekitori (not). He faced Shikihide's new and first sekitori compatriot Senshou and others for 25 bouts, winning them all amid frenzied keiko. Senshou entered sumo together with Hakuhou back in Haru 2001.They also arrived in Japan together, actually. "I'm happy to train with him as a fellow sekitori, but I won't go easy on him- we should both go all out," said Hakuhou, after an especially intensive session with his close friend. Senshou is the slowest rising foreigner to sekitorihood, 65 bashos. "It was a great honor to be able to train against the Yokozuna. I remember our arrival together in Japan as if it were only yesterday," he said.

Edited by Kintamayama, 02 March 2012 - 10:44.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#12 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 15:20

Hakuho visited a school in Takatsuki, Osaka prefecture, taking with him Tatsunami-oyakata and the retired gyoji 35th Kimura Shonosuke. The gyoji officiated a brief and light-hearted kimarite demonstration, in which one lucky (?) staff member was on the receiving end of a yobimodoshi from Hakuho, which Tatsunami found hilarious!

Posted Image

Edited by Yubinhaad, 16 November 2012 - 01:00.

#13 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:21

Kotoshougiku and Kotooushuu trained against each other at Sadogatake beya today. 23 intense bouts- 12-11 to Kotoshougiku. "I am able to prepare well, When my body will be ready my mind will follow," said Shougiku.

These two went at it again today, but this time Kotooshu was a comprehensive winner - 19 bouts, 15 wins! The report says he was wearing an ear-to-ear smile after the session.

#14 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:52

Baruto, trained at home against Tenkaihou (surprise..) and was 16-0. Tenkaihou is 183/185 (Kaihou x 10). Baruto picked him up and put him down outside the dohyo (tsuri). "The only one capable of doing that is Baruto.." mused Tenkaihou.
As it was the first weekend after the Banzuke announcement, the heya hosted some 100 kids at the keiko session.

Baruto and Tenkaihou?:
Posted Image

post-62-1171731969.gif

#15 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:00

Hakuhou joined the very rare joint Tatsunami Ichimon +Takanohana beya + Ounomatsu beya keiko session today. He faced the likes of Daidou-28-4. Hakuhou was testing his oshi and hari abilities today, and most of his opponents crumbled in his wake. Juryo Masuraumi trained with him for the first time. "When I hit him he seemed to absorb all my strength and before I knew it I was lying on the dohyo.. I felt his power for the first time and it was a very good experience," he attested.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#16 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 15:01

Hakuhou went for a "last spurt (in the original..)" degeiko session today at Oguruma beya. 30 bouts against Yoshikaze, Takekaze and Shouhouzan. He was often too quick for his oshi opponents' speed. "There was a good flow..I think I did well," said Hakuhou in the afterglow of keiko.. "Yes, I guess you can call it a last spurt, with less than a week before the basho. As a start, I managed to do good keiko," he summed aptly.

Edited by Kintamayama, 05 March 2012 - 15:04.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#17 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:07

Hakuhou went to train at Kitanoumi beya today. He trained with new Komusubi Gagamaru and Ozeki Kotooushuu who also came for degeiko. "The Ozeki also came, so it was some intense sumo right there," he drawled.

With GGO: "Nice ass.."
Posted Image

Edited by Kintamayama, 06 March 2012 - 14:28.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#18 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:11

Baruto still trains at home, and still with Tenkaihou. 22-0 yesterday. He also ate some wild boar and deer at a barbecue. "I ate a lot, since it's not stuff one may usually eat," he explained.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#19 Pandaazuma

Pandaazuma

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:50

Baruto still trains at home, and still with Tenkaihou. 22-0 yesterday.

Poor Tenkaiho...arse handed to him every day!

#20 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 14:31

More on Hakuhou's sojourn to Kitanoumi beya today. 15 bouts, 7-2 against Osh and 5-1 against Gagamaru. "He ( Gagamaru) generates a lot of power just by standing there..Hitting that is a pain.." said Hakuhou. "I'd like to beat him somehow.." countered GGO.

Edited by Kintamayama, 07 March 2012 - 06:33.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#21 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:23

Hakuhou wrapped up his training for Haru at Dewanoumi today by having 15 bouts against the "young ones". "I'm good. I got to train at all sorts of heya with many rikishi. Physically I'm fine. I hope I will be fine mentally.." he summed.

Edited by Kintamayama, 08 March 2012 - 07:44.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#22 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 13:49

Baruto had the most training bouts since arriving in Osaka- 26. he faced Panchingu-baggu Tenkaihou and of course won all bouts. Last night he took 10 of his heyamates out to his favorite takoyaki restaurant. "All I'm thinking about is doing my own kind of sumo," he said.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#23 kuroimori

kuroimori

Entropy isn't what it used to be

• Regular Members
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 17:44

Baruto still trains at home, and still with Tenkaihou. 22-0 yesterday.

Poor Tenkaiho...arse handed to him every day!

It is certainly not a nice daily routine 10kaiho is having right now,
but on the other hand it might be a pretty darn good preparation for him
and it might be helpful for handing out an increased number of his honbasho opponents arses to them

kuroimori

黒森

Q: Why is it so hard to tell puns to kleptomaniacs?

A: Because they always take things literally.

#24 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 19,097 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 23:45

Ozeki Kisenosato is looking for his first yusho.Today he trained at home against Takayasu and Takanoyama- 31 bouts, using some left otsuke. "I am not conscious of that fact, but it's not bad," he said. After keiko he was doing some squats. "I intend to solidify my stance. This way my sumo will be more powerful," he explained.

Edited by Kintamayama, 08 March 2012 - 23:46.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#25 Yubinhaad

Yubinhaad

Ozeki

• Regular Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 20:57

Head Shinpan Kagamiyama (Tagaryu) has been speaking about what Baruto might need to do in order to secure promotion to Yokozuna. "Ideally, he should be getting at least 14 wins, and even better if he has a crucial (yusho-deciding) bout against Hakuho on the last day," said the judge. "But even with a result a bit less than that, promotion would still be considered."

He added that Baruto has become a lot stronger in yotsu-zumo in the last couple of basho, and expects that to continue this time.

I take that to mean: leave out the three H's (hataki-hikio-henka) and we might promote you with 13-2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users