2 replies to this topic

#1 Jejima

Jejima

Yokozuna

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:41

I am going to Myanmar (also known as Burma) for the Chinese New Year. I have avoided this country in the past, due to its political regime. But, now that there appears to be a tide of change coming, I have decided that now would be an interesting time to go.

I will have about two weeks there, but so far (apart from buying the plane tickets, getting a visa and buying the Lonely Planet book), have made no plans.

Has anyone from this forum visited there - or know someone who lives there?

I am looking for tips about what to see, what to do, and what to be careful to avoid.

I leave next Wednesday (18th Jan) , so quick responses would be welcome (Sign of approval...)

Many thanks,

Jezz
2004 by Boltono

#2 Bugman

Bugman

Leaf Nibbler

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 17:40

Sorry to say i have no advice, most of my travel takes place in the form of travel documentaries which doesn't leave with much travel experience :) just wanted to wish you a happy holiday.

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it.  -  Charlie Chaplin

#3 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,085 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 17:51

Those big, big cats with stripes? Tigers. Beware. Also, if you have any tee-shirts with slogans calling for freedom and stuff, best leave them at home this time.

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?

A guy who is up all night arguing with himself over whether or not there is a dog.

Download my sumo toolbar - http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/
post-62-1171731969.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users