#1 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Kokakuka- Sunenikizumotsu

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,519 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 23:42

Try!
Yes, it's the time of the season again foreplay GTB and we at the bombed- out GTB head office which is the only building that remains standing after the Great War are optimistically and naively awaiting your entries for the coming game unless you are dead, in which case say hi to Jimi Hendrix for me. We would also like to advise you that after 10 years of studying the ancient language of the Mayans, "mulu urguta sin aburu ubuntu mama mama chinko' (meaning we have moved all things GTB to Doitsuyama's awesome database premises where 72 virgins await you fervently). Although this makes me yawn widely, I am forced to mention it by law. Additionally, all our actions are now supervised by Dan Patsu Sheiki, the famous scissors making Sheik.
This means everything is manually automated. No need for carrier pigeons any more-you may now fry them and stuff them with myrrh. An archive where you can see your whole gaming history exists if that happens to be your thing, I hear. We thank Doitsuyama forever. Andoreasu is as always the chief gyoji of choice, and for that we are eternally blissed.

We must note that we are utterly dismayed that participation has gone down lately and are considering re-instating the breath penalty, whereby I breathe on the people that don't play anymore. I assure you this is not a good thing. No prize this time, as after giving out the Toyota Lexus last time we kind of over-reached ourselves. Don't be disheartened and remember-what you can't chew can't be swallowed and vice Versailles. Participation will be a free- for -all - So take out those barf bags and see here young man:

A Sumo maniac's work is never fun . This is an invitation to all gamers and non-gamers and their facebook friends to partake in the world famous between bashos "Guess the Banzuke" (GTB) game. This is not an easy game to play (as opposed to love, which was such an easy game to play), and may take a few white hairs to master. Yet, it is gratifying and satisfying and pacifying and sour, much like making love to a gigantic lemon.
If you've never played before, don't. The surgeon general believes it may have a virus and cause you to flicker on and off like a lighthouse.

The exciting rickety entry form should be online somewhere as you read!

Rules in 14 languages!! (Disregard the deadlines there-I'm too lazy to update 14 pages when no one is actually visiting them, as I found out about 6 years too late. The only one actually up to date is the English one..)
English, German, French, Italian, Finnish, Spanish, Swedish, Hungarian ,
Polish, Estonian, Japanese, Hebrew, Russian, Yiddish and Dutch!!.
Still, I'd like to thank Zenjimoto, Hoshifransu, Hoshifransu, Kaikitsune,
Leonishiki, Heiyu, Bandey, Kojamuri, Senpai, Amanogawa, Koukai, Rabbi Akiva and Faustonowaka (in
order of above languages..) for their translations, time and goodwill and I apologize for being such a lazy bastard.

Tiebreaker - Most total guesses, then, the earlier entry, then, the entry with the prettiest penmanship.

Reminder of rule addition- it's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. We've been having quite a few complaints lately of entries getting sacrificed to ancient pagan Gods so from now on, it's going to be your fault, not the Internet's- it takes exactly one second to check. No monoiis (or the new, more modern stereo-iis) on this matter will be accepted, as we are family. At the risk of repeating myself at the risk of repeating myself at the risk of repeating myself- no exceptions!

For rules, standings and sophisticated rat traps, go to:
http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form:
http://sumodb.sumoga...b/gtbentry.aspx

For the new archives:
http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

Danpatsushiki thoughts:
http://www.snipsnipboohoohoo.com

DEADLINE- Saturday, October 30th , 2010 at 18:00 GMT.

Good luck!!
Kintamayama, Andoreasu, Chad, AKA Bono, and Doitsuyama

Edited by Kintamayama, 31 October 2010 - 23:38.

"I wouldn't play for free even if you paid me!!"
Download my sumo toolbar - http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/
Posted Image

#2 Asojima

Asojima

Ancient Observer

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 18:56

In case Kinta has forgotten, the deadline approaches.

Life's Lessons:  Don't depend on the loud music to hide your farts when you are listening to your IPod. 

Adoptee: Hitachigo (Sd9w), 28 yrs; 148.8kg/183cm, 11th year, High: Ms15w ---- Natsu ( 0 - 0 )
Adoptee: Homarefuji (J7e), 28 yrs; 149.2kg/179cm, 7th year, High: M15w   ------ Natsu ( 0 - 0 )

#3 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

• Active Members
  • 18,519 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 19:08

In case Kinta has forgotten, the deadline approaches.

Thanks-yes, less than 24 hours, I fear.. And again, very few entries. Even ironman Leonishiki is missing. Less than 60. (Please!?...) (Neener, neener...)
Posted Image

#4 crall

crall

Makushita

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 18:14

I wanted to play but, sadly, I forgot to change one cell to "none" and had to re-submit my entry and ended up missing the deadline by roughly 5 seconds.

Edited by crall, 30 October 2010 - 18:15.

#5 Kotoviki

Kotoviki

琴美輝

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 20:13

Oh Crall, that is awful!! But I totally understand. I've missed deadlines for computer freezing up or whatever and I know I shouldn't wait sooo long!!!

I did submit my entry today from a parking area on the highway via my netbook when I suddenly thought the deadline was 3pm Japan time... I have absolutely no confidence in my entry but I did submit!!!

Thanks for this game!

#6 Leonishiki

Leonishiki

Juryo

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 13:07

Well, I was enjoying my holidays during this month and I must say that I forgot all about sumo during this month. Today I sent my entry to Moti by FB but it seems that it was too late. Well, no problem, see you again after Kyushu. (Neener, neener...)
Un saludo

Eduardo de Paz aka Leonishiki
Leon - Spain
Sumo Blog in Spanish - Leonishiki's Sumo Room

#7 Fujisan

Fujisan

The crimson short one!

• Active Members
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 21:35

I wanted to play but, sadly, I forgot to change one cell to "none" and had to re-submit my entry and ended up missing the deadline by roughly 5 seconds.

And I thought I had problems when 2 hours before deadline I found the entry I had prepared had Kyokutenho on M14w(M3 4-11) and I had to rework it all in my head(I left the results for Aki basho at home)

I DID get my entry in but I will be very surprised if I get a Kachi koshi...
My best friend Wayne discussing headstones "What will we put on Pauls grave when he dies?"

Friend Dave "A dance floor."

#8 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

• Active Members
  • 18,519 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 23:36

And if this ain't quick I don't know what is.. Results are up, thanks to the quick work of Andoreasu. Our winner this time is first time winner Kintokiyama!! Congrats!! 79 players this time, up three from last basho-guess I'll have to get used to this level of number of participants after we were in the high nineties there for a while. We even had two shin-deshi this time. Overall leader-Asashosakari. Interesting tidbit- Crall and Leonishiki who missed the deadline still maintain their top 10 position.
Thank you one and all for taking the time from your busy schedules and playing the games, and good luck next time.

Davistones:
Ekigozan-70 bashos!!!
Fujisan- 40 bashos
Tosahayate-40 bashos
Bill-30 bashos
Seki Haruaki-30 bashos
Kotobaru-20 bashos

See how you did at:
http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

And now, on with the Ba-Show!!
Posted Image

#9 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

Sumo is a very good thing. Though better with affordable video.

• Active Members
  • 15,978 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 00:29

Side note: This was the 50th basho since the GTB Overall Rankings were created. (The game itself is a few years older, of course.) Overall leaders sorted by number of basho:

1) Susanoo - 10 basho (4 separate stints: 2/2/5/1)

2) Chiyotokimiya - 9 basho (4/2/3)

3) Seki Haruaki - 6 basho
3) Asashosakari - 6 basho (2/4)

5) Hamanoyama - 4 basho
5) Kurausu - 4 basho
5) Mariohana - 4 basho

8) Feginowaka - 3 basho (2/1)

9) Bafa - 2 basho (1/1)

10) Heruwejima - 1 basho
10) Crall - 1 basho

#10 Fujisan

Fujisan

The crimson short one!

• Active Members
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:15

Davistones:
Ekigozan-70 bashos!!!
Fujisan- 40 bashos
Tosahayate-40 bashos
Bill-30 bashos
Seki Haruaki-30 bashos
Kotobaru-20 bashos

Thanks Kintamayama (Neener, neener...)

Hmmmmm 10th (Clapping wildly...)

I must mess up my initial entry more often....

Thanks Kyokutenho (Showing respect...)
My best friend Wayne discussing headstones "What will we put on Pauls grave when he dies?"

Friend Dave "A dance floor."

#11 Jakusotsu

Jakusotsu

North Pole Ichimon

• Moderators
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:39

Hmm, Basho 44, Rank 44 - I hope that trend doesn't continue . . .
"I don't believe anyone has the right not to be offended by something." - ryafuji

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users