11 replies to this topic

#1 alpineviolet

alpineviolet

Sandanme

• Inactive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 23:54

My registration and activation seemed to work out okay (since I'm here posting), but I'm unable to edit the information in my profile or my avatar. I get an error saying, "You are not allowed to use this part of the board." Is this because I'm a new member, or is there something wrong with my account?

#2 Exil

Exil

il·le·git·i·mate

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 00:10

My registration and activation seemed to work out okay (since I'm here posting), but I'm unable to edit the information in my profile or my avatar. I get an error saying, "You are not allowed to use this part of the board." Is this because I'm a new member, or is there something wrong with my account?

Yes, it is because you are a new user. People who have just signed up are unable to edit their profiles until they make their first post. It's a new "beta" policy we're testing as of today, hoping to curb the increasing rate of linkspam profiles. We've been getting a lot of them lately.

You are now a regular user, feel free to edit your profile. And welcome to the forum, BTW. (Being unsure...)
takarafuji.pngshibuya.pngonosho.png
(In association with Takarafuji, Inc.)

#3 alpineviolet

alpineviolet

Sandanme

• Inactive Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 00:21

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you! :)

#4 Shokikogi

Shokikogi

Makushita

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 18:18

I´ve been a reader for several years, but the same problem worried me for the first hours as a registered member.

The "help"-function didn´t help me, because the editing-function was not availabe to me like it was written there, but thanks to this thread (and alpineviolet and Exil) I´m wiser and now knowing, whats going on. Perhaps it´s also good for the mods/ admins to know, that not only alpineviolet was wondering about the editing-function as a new member ;-)

Please excuse my poor english, but also a hearty "hello" to all forum-members! (Happy goodbyes...)

#5 egparis18

egparis18

Makushita

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:35

Just like Alpine Violet and Makushita, I've just now signed up and spent a few frustrating minutes trying to slightly modify my profile, so I'm very happy to have found these posts. Thank you Exil and bons baisers de Paris.

#6 WAKATAKE

WAKATAKE

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 00:51

I uploaded a picture for my profile yesterday, but it is not showing up at all. Does it take a while to update a profile picture on the forums?

#7 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

1 and counting.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,756 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:55

Hmm, I suppose it still hasn't shown up. ;-) No, avatar replacements should normally be instantaneous. What is the file format of the image you were trying to upload?

#8 WAKATAKE

WAKATAKE

Maegashira

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:42

JPEG. I made the image in paint.

#9 Nishinoshima

Nishinoshima

Nishinoshima

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 13:18

Try uploading it to a hosting site and using the link option

#10 Genji

Genji

Jonokuchi

• Regular Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 20:54

I too have been unable to change the avatar pic. I have tried the Gravatar and URL links to .jpg, .prn, and .gif versions... no luck so far.....

#11 Genji

Genji

Jonokuchi

• Regular Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 20:57

of course... right after posting that... It now works fine    :-P

#12 Manekineko

Manekineko

deep-fried twinkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 22:58

Yeah, avatar change not working for me, either.

ps. The workaround by Nishinoshima (put it online and use the link) did the trick but bleh, direct upload to forum software doesn't work and I'm miffed.

Edited by Manekineko, 15 November 2015 - 23:02.

Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users