#1 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,905 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 16:41

Hi!
We at the GTB headquarters are quite grilled to see we already have one entry before we even said a word!! Additionally, we are totally glad to remind you that after 10 years of hard labor, all things GTB have been moved to Doitsuyama's awesome database. Although this is old news, it is organic.
This means everything is now fully automated. An archive where you can click your fingers and see your whole gaming history as well as your future has been established. We thank Doitsuyama intensely, profusely, benevolently and unequivocally. Andoreasu is as always the chief gyoji, of course, and for that we are eternally grateful.
We are quietly disappointed that participation still is not what it used to be. Under 100 players is still lacking daigaku but we are getting there.
Please tell your psychiatrist and tarot reader about us. It's free!

Yet..
A Sumo maniac's work is exceedingly rarely ever done .. This is an invitation to all gamers and non-gamers and their concubines to play the twice famous between basho's "Guess the Banzuke" (GTB) game. This is not an easy game to play (as opposed to love, which was such an easy game to play), and may take a few years to mustard. Yet, it is most fulfilling and satisfying, a close second to doing a good deed.
If you've never played before, join the fun and experience multiple organisms while it is still allowed!!

The valid nifty entry form is online as you read.

Rules in 14 languages!!
English, German, French, Italian, Finnish, Spanish, Swedish, Hungarian ,
Polish, Estonian, Japanese, Hebrew, Russian, Yiddish and Dutch!!.
I'd like to thank Zenjimoto, Hoshifransu, Hoshifransu, Kaikitsune,
Leonishiki, Heiyu, Bandey, Kojamuri, Senpai, Amanogawa, Koukai, Rabbi Akiva and Faustonowaka (in
order of above languages..) for their translations, time and goodwill. I would also like them (or anyone else..) to check and see if everything
is still correct, as I have to change dates and stuff in languages I don't comprehend, yet respect.

Tiebreaker-Most total guesses, then, the earlier entry, then, the person with the best teeth.
One small rule addition- it's up to you to check if you are on the list of entries. We've been having quite few complaints lately of entries getting lost, so from now on, it's going to be your fault, not the Internet's- it takes exactly one second to check. From now on no monoiis on this matter will be accepted!

For rules, standings and sperm donations, go directly to:
http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

For the nifty entry form:
http://sumodb.sumoga...b/gtbentry.aspx

For the new archives:
http://sumodb.sumoga...gtbarchive.aspx

For learning about the importance of acne :
http://www.whatapimple.com/puss.html

DEADLINE- Saturday, August 29th , 2009 ( Reminder - August is not March) at 18:00 GMT.
Good luck!!

Kintamayama, Andoreasu, Migikataagari, and Doitsuyama

Participation meter: 66

Edited by Kintamayama, 31 August 2009 - 06:24.

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?

A guy who is up all night arguing with himself over whether or not there is a dog.

Download my sumo toolbar - http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/
post-62-1171731969.gif

#2 kaiguma

kaiguma

Yobidashi

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:39

Yet, it is most fulfilling and satisfying, a close second to doing a good deed.

funny, a good deed.... is that what you call it? I'll have to use this one on the wife :-|

#3 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 18,905 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:56

funny, a good deed.... is that what you call it? I'll have to use this one on the wife :-|

I am shocked that anyone actually reads these.. I change it every basho and see how far I can go. I was going to write "a close second to doing your wife", but decided against it.

A guy who is up all night arguing with himself over whether or not there is a dog.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#4 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

Sumo is a very good thing. Though better with affordable video.

• Active Members
  • 16,541 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:50

I am shocked that anyone actually reads these..

I've been quite amused by the gradual changes, but pointing them out publicly would have destroyed the mystique, I felt. But while we're at it, this basho's "daigaku" addition definitely had me grinning.

#5 kaiguma

kaiguma

Yobidashi

• Active Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 17:52

funny, a good deed.... is that what you call it? I'll have to use this one on the wife (Sign of approval...)

I am shocked that anyone actually reads these.. I change it every basho and see how far I can go. I was going to write "a close second to doing your wife", but decided against it.

Are you kidding? The funniest man in ozumo fandom writes and no one reads it?

As for the wife, I am very glad you didn't say a close second to doing Kaiguma's wife... (Holiday feeling...)
You exercised much restraint.

#6 Faustonowaka

Faustonowaka

Makushita

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:04

Where do I put my donation?

#7 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 18,905 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:06

Where do I put my donation?

Scan it, save it as a .jiz application and send it as an attachment to myguysswimfasterthanyours@gspot.com

Edited by Kintamayama, 30 July 2009 - 12:08.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#8 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 18,905 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 14:47

2 days to go. With a Coke.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#9 Kotoviki

Kotoviki

琴美輝

• Active Members
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 14:24

So sorry I missed the deadline! (Sigh...) (Shaking head...) (Shaking head...)
My freaking computer problems... I didn't get any time to check the sumo forum last weeks.. booo hooo!! I don't want to intai please!!!

#10 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 18,905 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 14:45

So sorry I missed the deadline! (Sigh...) (Shaking head...) (Shaking head...)
My freaking computer problems... I didn't get any time to check the sumo forum last weeks.. booo hooo!! I don't want to intai please!!!

The beauty of the game is that you can play it whenever you like-no problems..Or, as the intense rule book says:

(Best read with an Italian accent)
The first kyujo has no effect on the ranking points - it will be treated as
kosho. If you are absent consecutively for two bashos, the second kyujo counts as a
zero. If you are absent consecutively for three bashos, the second and the third
kyujo counts as a zero et cetera. After missing seven bashos in a row you will be unranked.

post-62-1171731969.gif

#11 Kintamayama

Kintamayama

Shimpai-nai

• Active Members
  • 18,905 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:33

Grrr.. and Gnarl.. and expletives. Only 90 players?? Do I have to go back to the old bribe days? In any case, another one in the books. We have a first time winner in Gooner. Mazal tov. New overall leader should be very pleased..

Milestones:
Asashosakari-40 bashos
Frinkanohana- 40 bashos
Konosato- 40 bashos
Mariohana- 40 bashos
Kintokiyama- 20 bashos
Ketsukai-40 bashos
Veshana-20 bashos

SPECIAL MENTION - Leonishiki, the iron man of GTB-all 69 bashos!!

Everything at http://www.dichne.com/Guess.htm

post-62-1171731969.gif

#12 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,541 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:20

New overall leader should be very pleased..

(Eek...)

:-)

(W00t, w00t, w00t...)

Wow! I didn't think there was any chance of taking the top spot already before Kyushu, what with my having to defend a lot more points from last year's Aki than Susanoo did...

Congrats to Gooner! (I am not worthy...)

#13 Kofuji

Kofuji

Inveterate sumo games programmer and SFI Oyakata

• Archived Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:21

Grrr.. and Gnarl.. and expletives. Only 90 players?? Do I have to go back to the old bribe days?

You'll have to tell them to make their entries before they make the other donations you requested ... I'm sure some players were distracted and never got around to entering because of that ...

Edited by Kofuji, 01 September 2009 - 08:21.

Visit the Sumo games portal for links to all your favourite online sumo games! Sumo Reference Adoptees and additional information
"We apologise for the inconvenience", God's Final Message to His Creation, written in letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains, Sevorbeupstry, on planet Preliumtarn, Galactic Sector QQ7 Active J Gamma.

#14 Tokeito

Tokeito

Mae-zumo

• Inactive Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 19:48

Gooner would be me, actually (Nodding yes...)
(I suppose winning Guess The Banzuke is as good a reason as any to join and drop a line here after a few years of reading this forum)

So, hello everyone!

I must say I was more than just a little surprised when I realised I had won. As you can see on Kintamayama's site, I had almost everything wrong below M8, especially Tamaasuka and Wakanosato, but it seems everyone else fared even worse. You just never know what the banzuke makers have in store — which is of course what this great game is all about.

Thank you very much to everyone involved in the running of GTB! (Raging at computer...)

Next goal: taking the lead in the overall rankings... (Whistling...)

#15 Asashosakari

Asashosakari

• Active Members
  • 16,541 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 20:47

Congrats again and welcome!

Next goal: taking the lead in the overall rankings... (Nodding yes...)

Well, I'll certainly try to stay in front at least as long as my immediate predecessors did. (Raging at computer...)

2002.11 - 2003.05 (4) Hamanoyama
2003.07 - 2004.01 (4) Kurausu
2004.03 - 2004.09 (4) Mariohana
2004.11 - 2005.01 (2) Susanoo
2005.03 - 2005.09 (4) Chiyotokimiya
2005.11 - 2006.01 (2) Feginowaka
2006.03 - 2006.05 (2) Chiyotokimiya
2006.07           (1) Bafa
2006.09 - 2007.01 (3) Chiyotokimiya
2007.03           (1) Heruwejima
2007.05 - 2007.07 (2) Susanoo
2007.09           (1) Feginowaka
2007.11           (1) Bafa
2008.01 - 2008.11 (6) Seki Haruaki
2009.01 - 2009.09 (5) Susanoo

As you can see on Kintamayama's site, I had almost everything wrong below M8, especially Tamaasuka and Wakanosato, but it seems everyone else fared even worse.

I have a feeling more players had them at M9 than anywhere else combined... Any chance we could get the selection stats updated? (Whistling...)

Edit: BTW, I wonder what happened to Kurausu...stopped playing GTB as the #1 ranked player, that's certainly unusual.

Edited by Asashosakari, 04 September 2009 - 20:54.

#16 Doitsuyama

Doitsuyama

Yokozuna

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 14:23

As you can see on Kintamayama's site, I had almost everything wrong below M8, especially Tamaasuka and Wakanosato, but it seems everyone else fared even worse.

I have a feeling more players had them at M9 than anywhere else combined... Any chance we could get the selection stats updated? (Chucking salt...)

Nope. Both have 34 guesses at M9 which is the nost for any rank, but not combined. The selection stats between M6 and M14 are interesting as the guesses are all over place too, including 19 guessed ranks for Wakanosato.

Edited by Doitsuyama, 06 September 2009 - 14:23.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users