#1 Sashohitowa

Sashohitowa

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 15:01

Hello Guys!

Since this forum is the (only) online community that I am participating in for a while, I would like to share with you the great thing that happened with me this Friday... At 02h11m CET in the night my girlfriend gave a birth to our daughter.... It is really a great feeling, I really wish everyone that haven't (yet) felt it, to have this happiness one day....

Ciao, I am going back to the hospital to see them... ;-)

差諸曳常

Favorites: Kotooshu, Asasekiryu, Tochiozan, Yoshikaze, Aoiyama, Myogiryu
Great respect to Former Ozeki Chiyotaikai!

"I didn't do a henka. That wasn't a henka, it only looked like one."
Kyokutenho, Day 4, Haru Basho 2007

#2 Doyobi

Doyobi

Makushita

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 15:25

Congratulations! Честито! Blahoželám!
May she always ganbarize in life! :)
Adopted rikishi: Sandanme 54w Toofuji Sho, Shikoroyama Beya

#3 Kaikitsune Makoto

Kaikitsune Makoto

Yokozuna

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 15:40

Did you witness the birth? Did you think placenta looks like an inedible pizza? Child birth is serious business! Lot of huffing, puffing, blood, slime and stuff and then comes a creature that starts to cry. Excellent. Be well with infant. Infants rule homes and radiate meaning.
The Core of Sumou is a very good thing always no matter if sumou is rotten or not.

#4 Asojima

Asojima

Ancient Observer

• Active Members
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 16:15

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
- Elizabeth Stone

Congratulations

Keep a copy of your post. Your will need to reread it every day for a year in 2, 13, 15 and 17 years. ;-)

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. 

Adoptee: Hitachigo (Ms29w), 29 yrs; 148.8kg/183cm, 11th year, High: Ms15w ---- Kyushu ( 2 - 5 )
Adoptee: Homarefuji (M12w), 29 yrs; 149.2kg/179cm, 7th year, High: M12w   ----- Kyushu ( 8 - 7 )

#5 Fay

Fay

Yokozuna

• Active Members
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 17:15

Congratulations Sashohikufuhen !!

All the best for your little family ;-) .

Edited by Fay, 16 October 2007 - 17:15.

Visit my sumo website:

Sumo-Webpaper

#6 philafuji

philafuji

Maegashira

• Archived Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 17:38

This is indeed Happy Sumo.
Congratulations to you and your girlfriend.
I have experienced what you are feeling. I am now a grandfather so I have experienced it twice again.
You will understand the grandfather feeling one day. There is no way I can describe it.
philafuji

#7 Sasanishiki

Sasanishiki

Yokozuna

• Moderators
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 19:42

Congratulations! I wish the three of you every success and happiness.

#8 Kaiomitsuki

Kaiomitsuki

Maegashira

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 21:28

Hello Guys!

Since this forum is the (only) online community that I am participating in for a while, I would like to share with you the great thing that happened with me this Friday... At 02h11m CET in the night my girlfriend gave a birth to our daughter.... It is really a great feeling, I really wish everyone that haven't (yet) felt it, to have this happiness one day....

Ciao, I am going back to the hospital to see them... ;-)

I'm not yet a dad but since Friday I have for the first time a nephew... he is born the same day that your daughter but at 9am (CET) (Hugging...)

#9 Johnofuji

Johnofuji

Juryo

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 00:39

Congratulations to you and your girlfriend,
Is witnessing childbirth really like watching your favourite pub burn down?
My wife and I are having a potential yokozuna at christmas time so I can only imagine the emotions you are feeling.I have been told to use mind power on him and have already been teaching him his acceptance speech.
Kaikitsune- inedible pizza? Don't you know they make it more palatable in Bulgarian with yoghurt?
Best of luck raising her.Care to speculate what she will be doing by age 21?
There is nothing sadder than a sad Japanese man!

#10 Otokonoyama

Otokonoyama

montani semper liberi

• Moderators
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:03

Omedetou! My own daughter was born the end of July, and it is an incredible thing.

Just starting to recover from constant sleep deprivation. I'm sure my posts over the last several months will confirm my zombie-like status. :)

All the best to your new family!

#11 Hakubobo

Hakubobo

Jonokuchi

• Inactive Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:00

That's pretty special. Congratulaions.

#12 Sashohitowa

Sashohitowa

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:34

Thank you all for your kind words! I indeed appreciate the good wishes I got for you, and I really hope they will come true (Hugging...)

Yes, I witnessed the birth (intended to write "participate", but my role in the play was really small - just had to hold hand and to remind my girlfriend to breath....). It was a long one. Some women say they "managed" to have it done in 3 or 4 hours. My girl suffered more than 30 hours of pain before they give her epidural anaesthesia. Alas, just few minutes later the baby heartbeat starter to drop dramatically for some periods, so the doctors decided not to risk, and to proceed with Caesarean section. They allowed me to attend in the operation room too...!
I don't know about the placenta - when the baby was born, they took it to another room to take care of it, and I went with them... So the placenta and everything else I didn't observe...

Jonofuji:

Is witnessing childbirth really like watching your favorite pub burn down?

Well, "our" birth in the end did not happen naturally, but my feelings around all this were nothing like favorite pub burning...

Kaikitsune- inedible pizza? Don't you know they make it more palatable in Bulgarian with yoghurt?

;-)
Pizza with yoghurt? If we did so, then the Ulan Bator's pizzaswouldn't have been the worst in the world... (Joking, joking..)
By the way, here in Vienna you cannot find decent Bulgarian-like yoghurt... Uhh...

Best of luck raising her.Care to speculate what she will be doing by age 21?

I would be the happiest father, if I manage to raise her as a girl who is not haughty, but open and sincere to the people around her, who does not rely on her beauty, but on his mind, who is modest, but at the same time confident enough about herself and her abilities, so that she can persuade her dreams and hopes....
Generally, I would be happiest if she gets a wide "Weltanschauung" ("View of life", if I'm not mistaken)... She can pick whatever profession she wants, I would insist only that she receives a good level of education.....

Once again, thank you all, guys...!!! It is really very nice of all of you!!!

差諸曳常

#13 Kaikitsune Makoto

Kaikitsune Makoto

Yokozuna

• Active Members
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:08

Fits here perfectly so..
http://www.sumoforum...?showtopic=8523

I actually think placenta looks like somehow nuked or spoiler pizza. It sure ain't pretty. C-section naturally enables vagina walls and perineum to remain intact and tight so that for example intercourse after giving birth doesn't change due to lack of change in the diameter of the vagina or muscular streching. Then again in c-section there is a scar created on uterus so it isn't that optimal either when next pregnancies occur. Life is life after vaginal birth and life is life after c-section. In c-section the tension is usually higher due to unexpected situation and sometimes dads can lose appetite for some days and need couple of days to get back to normal. C-section is like opening a sleeping bag and dragging a human out.
The Core of Sumou is a very good thing always no matter if sumou is rotten or not.

#14 Fujisan

Fujisan

The crimson short one!

• Active Members
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:46

Congratulations to you and your wife Sasho (Applauding...)

"In Harry potter the philosophers stone,Harry found a mirror which when he looked at it he saw the one thing he 'desired more than anything else......'
My friend Wayne has been doing that for 48 years but it hasn't helped him any."  Paul(Fujisan)Sharp

New observation I thought was funny but Wayne didn't......
-----------------------------------------------------

My friend Dave has a brain like a computer,it never works when you really need it to......Paul(Fujisan)Sharp

------------------------------------------------

As for Jason and his wife Nicki here is the first verse i have written to a song I wrote in their honour....

"I married a woman,as crazy as can be,she's 3 parts vampire,2 parts chimpanze,i met her in the park she was swinging from the trees,I thought SHE was crazy,until I met her family......."

#15 Bealzbob

Bealzbob

Komusubi

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 15:53

Great news and here's to sleepless nights and happy days :)
2010 Haru & 2011 Kyushu GTB winner :D

Favourites : O1e Baruto | M4e Homasho | M12w Tosayutaka

Adoptees : J3w Masunoyama, Ms1w Chiyootori, Ms5w Akiseyama

Honourable mention to : Kisenosato, Kyokutenho

#16 Sashohitowa

Sashohitowa

Komusubi

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:32

Hi everybody!
I am reviving this old thread to share with you that the miracle of birth happened to our family once again. Our second daughter was born on 13th at noon. She seems to have different character than her older sister, but the important is that she, as well as her mom, and healthy and fine. The feeling is pretty different than 4 years ago,more "mature" and "prepared" (well, we'll see about that still...), but still an amazing heart-melting experience.

Good day to you all!

差諸曳常

#17 salle

salle

Makushita

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:16

Честито! Да ти е жива и здрава!

#18 Washuyama

Washuyama

Sekiwake

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 13:01

Congratulations!!! (Clapping wildly...)

#19 Otokonoyama

Otokonoyama

montani semper liberi

• Moderators
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 13:37

What wonderful news!

Edited by Otokonoyama, 19 February 2012 - 14:20.

#20 Fukurou

Fukurou

Ozeki

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 14:54

Hi everybody!
I am reviving this old thread to share with you that the miracle of birth happened to our family once again. Our second daughter was born on 13th at noon. She seems to have different character than her older sister, but the important is that she, as well as her mom, and healthy and fine.

Congratulations! :-)

The feeling is pretty different than 4 years ago,more "mature" and "prepared" (well, we'll see about that still...), but still an amazing heart-melting experience.

Yes, are you prepared for sleep deprivation and hormonal swings? (Yawning...) :'-( (Yawning...)

oldowl.jpg
Fukurou

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."
-- Douglas Adams

#21 Bugman

Bugman

Leaf Nibbler

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 18:38

Congratulations Sashohitowa! truly one of life's happiest moments :)

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it.  -  Charlie Chaplin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users